So you have a dream about one day running your own pub or micropub? Great! Let our team of industry experts shatter and then rebuild your dream of owning and running your own business. We will not pull any punches nor sugar coat the realities of the challenges you face.
The course is essential for all those people looking to lease a pub from a pubco, private landlord or brewery. We will tell you all the things that they WON’T before you enter a lease with them. DON’T sign a pub lease without it. Free courses offered by the pubcos will tell you what you want to hear not what you need to know. Not understanding what you are entering into could cost you a fortune and your business.
Our unrivalled independent industry team will feed you all the essential information and insights that you will need to make your dream a reality and ultimately succeed.
On this one day course you will cover the following:
- How to buy a pub
- Freehold vs leasehold pubs
- What do I need to buy & run a pub
- How to find my pub
- How much to pay for my pub
- Negotiating the purchase of a pub
- How long will the purchase of a pub take & what will it cost?
- Layout, fit out & design of your pub
- Choosing the right type of pub business – styles of trading, types of ownership
- Writing your pub business plan
- Understanding how pub finances work
- The rules and regulations involved in running a pub
- The basics of selling food & drink
- Running and marketing a successful pub
Course Date: 10/5/17 Course times 9.30 – 4.30 SOLD OUT next date TBC
Lunch is at a renowned Bakewell gastropub a short walk away from the Mill.
All notes to be provided by Brew-School.
To book a place click here